THE A TO Z OF SONG TITLES CCC

Its all about the Music. Groups, Records, Concerts, Music Quiz

THE A TO Z OF SONG TITLES CCC

Postby BigL Bas Man » Tue May 12, 2015 10:38 pm

by BigL Bas Man Day 03 May 13 2015
Today’s three A to Z tunes titles are from the letter C

CATCH A FALLING STAR ~ Perry Como https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khAM6UvVidU
I guess, his biggest hit and still the most well know, was in most countries on the other side of this disc being of course, Magic Moments. However, Catch a falling star was very very, a big hit and fave in 1958, released a few weeks just before Christmas of that year. The easy singing of Perry Como, was around for many years after with his easy listening hits to the 1970s.......
CALL THE SHOTS ~ Girls Aloud https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7dCi8102l4
From the 2007 album ‘Tanged Up by the band comes this track by the girl pop bands Girls Aloud. The best most well know member is Cheryl Cole. The track its self was release around the same time the album came out. For the band which came about a little early than the album,the single itself from the girl pop band which at the time was big news on the music scene, and the gals was quite a talking point.

CAROLINE ~ The Fortunes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbT3bbdgZhk
Wonder where we first her this tune from........ Released Febuary 1964, from a then under know pop group, called The Fortunes, which I think in latter years was spell the more common way. Anyway by mid March of that year,the single hardly was even notice, I guess cause like much of hit music in those days, the was’nt, the just was’nt enough of that kind of stations until.....and the rest was history.

CHECK OUT THREE MORE TOMORROW HERE FROM THE LETTER D
BigL Bas Man
Big L Pirate King of Pirate Kings

Invitations sent: 0
Referrals: 0

Re: THE A TO Z OF SONG TITLES CCC

Postby #6 » Tue May 12, 2015 10:46 pm

Not sure about Girls Aloud but the other two are important to me.
Both sides of the Perry Como disc were my first 'favourite' songs when I was ten.

As for Caroline by The Fortunes, many a night when Caroline had been off, I would twiddle the knob along the dial and wonder, is that a foreign station or a pirate and then Caroline would blast out. Still sends shivers up my spine when it starts, just like Man Of Action, the RNI theme.
Loving Awareness is free...is free...is free

Re: THE A TO Z OF SONG TITLES CCC

Postby BigL Bas Man » Wed May 13, 2015 10:02 pm

Thanks for you remarks #6, always nice to hear from Bighellers.......In my old age I wonder if we ever see 'pirate radio ' get togethers like the 70s and 80s.......all the gloss! be nice won't it.
BigL Bas Man

Return to Music Forum Only