Interesting re-creation of offshore radio

Post all related Offshore Radio Discusions here
but remember there is a forum for the almighty MV Galaxy below and the Big L RSL's.

Postby paulvos » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:40 pm

Hello Amara,

I'm sorry you feel that way. Even more so as you were not participating in the discussion we had. Please sleep over your decision. Personally I'd hate to see you go. :wink:
Regards Paul Vos
----------------------------------------
DJ
"Shore Leave" Saturday evening 19:00 UK time
"Music To Munch By" Monday afternoon 16:00 UK time
"The Dutchy Live Show" Tuesday evening 19:00 UK time

Chinese proverb: "Standing on head makes smile of frown, but rest of face also upside down"
paulvos
Site Admin

Invitations sent: 1
Referrals: 1

Postby Kev » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:16 pm

Thanks to BB for his prompt actions - grateful to you good sir.
These rules go back to before my time as admin on here and to be fair, I only popped my head up from my custard creams as Ellie was being questioned. I feel duty bound to stand by our team when they raise a valid point.
It is my understanding (please do correct me if I am wrong here) GS board is an open forum that is not directly linked by name to his station(s) unlike FOBL. Quite a while ago, a good number of our jocks were rather upset that this forum was being used to advertise other stations. Almost daily I was being reminded that we did have a rule in place that links to other stations were not allowed and I was being questioned why I was not acting when the rule was broken. So, rather than make a public display and jump up and down upsettng people, I PM'd a few of our members asking that links and sig. lines be altered if they were for other stations and was somewhat taken aback by how gracious our members were with their replies and prompt actions - I guess a member of FOBL is here because they like the station and they understood why I was making the request.
I guess the point I am trying to make here is that we do make very few requests of our members but the requests or "rules :roll: " that are in place are there for the protection of the station. I fully understand that there is a load of blurb in the warning to all users area and most people have probably not read it (or would want to read it) in years but enough said. The world is still spinning and there is no need for anyone to jump off yet!
Kev
Site Admin

Invitations sent: 0
Referrals: 0

Re: Interesting re-creation of offshore radio

Postby Coastie » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:44 pm

Barnacle Bill wrote:This has been going for a few weeks now.

Edit: But I can't tell you about it.

I have self-censored to avoid breaking dem rools. :(

Altogether now!

"Dem rools, dem rools, dem, dry rools.

Dem rools, dem rools, dem dry rools.

Dem rools, dem rools dem, dry rools.

Now HEAR the WORD of the lord! :D
I'm a Juvenile product of the Working Class who's best friend floats in the bottom of a glass!

Skype - Chriscoastie1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyCN5i1hU20
Coastie
Big L Pirate King of Pirate Kings

Postby Barnacle Bill » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:14 am

I'll close it now as 'nuff said. I'm not stressed about it, as I had forgotten dem rools too. :oops:
The views I post are my own and do not represent those of Friends of Big L Message Board, the station or it's affiliates
Barnacle Bill

Previous

Return to Offshore Stuff