Interesting re-creation of offshore radio

Post all related Offshore Radio Discusions here
but remember there is a forum for the almighty MV Galaxy below and the Big L RSL's.

Interesting re-creation of offshore radio

Postby Barnacle Bill » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:18 am

This has been going for a few weeks now.

Edit: But I can't tell you about it.

I have self-censored to avoid breaking dem rools. :(
Last edited by Barnacle Bill on Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The views I post are my own and do not represent those of Friends of Big L Message Board, the station or it's affiliates
Barnacle Bill

Invitations sent: 0
Referrals: 0

Postby paulvos » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:33 am

I believe this is a second initiative of Garry Stevens, who also runs RNI and the pirate radio website
Regards Paul Vos
----------------------------------------
DJ
"Shore Leave" Saturday evening 19:00 UK time
"Music To Munch By" Monday afternoon 16:00 UK time
"The Dutchy Live Show" Tuesday evening 19:00 UK time

Chinese proverb: "Standing on head makes smile of frown, but rest of face also upside down"
paulvos
Site Admin

Invitations sent: 1
Referrals: 1

Postby alec » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:42 am

paulvos wrote:I believe this is a second initiative of Garry Stevens, who also runs RNI and the pirate radio website

and also this page: http://1970-1974rni.atspace.eu/
Image - Lets enjoy our music on good old radio http://offshoreradiosounds.tk/
alec
Big L Pirate King of Pirate Kings

Invitations sent: 2
Referrals: 2

Postby Elouise » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:07 am

Why are you breaking board rules posting links to other stations? ... Especially a mod !!!!!
Ellie :)
Monday 7-9pm
Wednesday 7-9pm

Sarcasm - the ability to insult idiots without them realising ;)
Elouise
Big L Piratza Nearly King

Postby paulvos » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:28 am

Aw Ellie, please don't be so stickt. Having a tab called off-shore implies we talk of other stations, doesn't it? BigL has a strong enough offering to have people coming back to us, don't you agree? :wink:
Regards Paul Vos
DJ

Chinese proverb: "Standing on head makes smile of frown, but rest of face also upside down"
paulvos
Site Admin

Postby Amara » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:59 am

[quote="Elouise"]Why are you breaking board rules posting links to other stations? ... Especially a mod !!!!![/quote

OMG Big Brother or should that be Sister don't be so OTT Eloise. You can't have a section about other radio stations & not expect the odd link.

More to the point since when has posting a link to another radio station been banned on this board. There are links to numerous stations contained in the many threads. If posters on here wish to listen to another radio station they don't need a link!!!!
John
Amara
Big L Silver

Postby DAVE61 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:10 pm

alec wrote:
paulvos wrote:I believe this is a second initiative of Garry Stevens, who also runs RNI and the pirate radio website

and also this page: http://1970-1974rni.atspace.eu/
some one called Martin run's that one as he posted this link on Garry's site.
DAVE61
Big L Piratza Nearly King

Postby Kev » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:57 pm

Not wanting to be a kill joy but Ellie is not being over the top at all. Read the home page and you will see a long standing forum rule stating links to other stations will be removed. The rule has been in existance for as long as I can remember and the post is dated September 2009. Its all in the "Warning to all forum users" area.
This forum is the property of Big L so why should we tolerate adverts for other stations? Likewise, I think this area is for stations of yesteryear.
Hope that answers the points made attacking Ellie for actually ready the very few rules we have on FOBL.
Kev
Site Admin

Postby Coastie » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:40 pm

BB! Read your PM's! :D
I'm a Juvenile product of the Working Class who's best friend floats in the bottom of a glass!

Skype - Chriscoastie1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyCN5i1hU20
Coastie

Postby paulvos » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:53 am

Kev wrote:Not wanting to be a kill joy but Ellie is not being over the top at all. Read the home page and you will see a long standing forum rule stating links to other stations will be removed. The rule has been in existance for as long as I can remember and the post is dated September 2009. Its all in the "Warning to all forum users" area.
This forum is the property of Big L so why should we tolerate adverts for other stations? Likewise, I think this area is for stations of yesteryear.
Hope that answers the points made attacking Ellie for actually ready the very few rules we have on FOBL.

Thank you for pointing that out Kev. Being on this Forum so long, I haven't red the rules at the top for ages. Appologies to Ellie and you. :oops:
Regards Paul Vos
DJ

paulvos
Site Admin

Postby alec » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:14 am

In the past when this forum was still much more lively with numerous active members taking part we always talked about other stations as well and there also were enough interesting topics to discuss about BigL itself. - good old times .... where are they gone ? - I don't believe being always so defensive like by considdering a discussion as being an 'attack' can bring them back ...?
Image - Lets enjoy our music on good old radio http://offshoreradiosounds.tk/
alec

Invitations sent: 2
Referrals: 2

Postby Amara » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:42 pm

alec wrote:In the past when this forum was still much more lively with numerous active members taking part we always talked about other stations as well and there also were enough interesting topics to discuss about BigL itself. - good old times .... where are they gone ? - I don't believe being always so defensive like by considdering a discussion as being an 'attack' can bring them back ...?

Cant see why putting a link in is such a big issue. The Garry Stevens Board has thousands and he runs 2 internet stations. Whats the matter with a link on here is it really so bad?
John
Amara
Big L Silver

Postby paulvos » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:01 pm

Amara wrote:
alec wrote:In the past when this forum was still much more lively with numerous active members taking part we always talked about other stations as well and there also were enough interesting topics to discuss about BigL itself. - good old times .... where are they gone ? - I don't believe being always so defensive like by considdering a discussion as being an 'attack' can bring them back ...?

Cant see why putting a link in is such a big issue. The Garry Stevens Board has thousands and he runs 2 internet stations. Whats the matter with a link on here is it really so bad?

Well Amara it's not about it being an issue, but it's about what the rules of the forum are. In case of BigL it's: no links to competing stations. If you know Garry Stevens Forum, you will admit he also has rules. They might be different to BigL, but they do have rules. You're free to dislike the rules here or question their need, but I believe Kev does insist we live by them. Within the rules there are many things we can do and discuss. Please join in and participate. :wink:
Regards Paul Vos
DJ

paulvos
Site Admin

Postby Coastie » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:19 pm

Amara wrote:

As Alec says, it never used to be.
I'm a Juvenile product of the Working Class who's best friend floats in the bottom of a glass!

Skype - Chriscoastie1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyCN5i1hU20
Coastie

Postby Amara » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:14 pm

paulvos wrote:
Amara wrote:

Well Amara it's not about it being an issue, but it's about what the rules of the forum are. In case of BigL it's: no links to competing stations. If you know Garry Stevens Forum, you will admit he also has rules. They might be different to BigL, but they do have rules. You're free to dislike the rules here or question their need, but I believe Kev does insist we live by them. Within the rules there are many things we can do and discuss. Please join in and participate. :wink:

Quite frankly I dont see the point if this forum is so restrictive. Garry might have rules but they are far more flexible than on here.
John
Amara
Big L Silver

Next

Return to Offshore Stuff