LV18 permanent mooring approved/offshore history exhibition

Post all related Offshore Radio Discusions here
but remember there is a forum for the almighty MV Galaxy below and the Big L RSL's.

Postby MikeB » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:12 pm

[quote="Coastie"]Typical local councils! If your face don't fit, etc!! :evil: :evil: :evil:[/quote]

Full details of how opposition councillors managed to overturn the decision and request for further help:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/show ... ?t=1227360
MikeB
Big L Piratza Nearly King

Invitations sent: 0
Referrals: 0

Postby #6 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:43 pm

MikeB wrote:
Coastie wrote:Typical local councils! If your face don't fit, etc!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Full details of how opposition councillors managed to overturn the decision and request for further help:

I've filled in my questionnaire. Come on, we all moan about these things. You CAN do something.
Loving Awareness is free...is free...is free
Big L Pirate King of Pirate Kings

Postby Chirpy » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:52 pm

#6 wrote:I've filled in my questionnaire. Come on, we all moan about these things. You CAN do something.

I read the post on DS earlier... Tony O'Neil, wasn't he the guy with the moustache who gave the small group of Big L supporters a bad time on Harwich pier a few years back #6? The guy whose windscreen we ended up plastering with Big L car stickers? :lol:
Chirpy

Idea: Link up Museum RockArt-Hook of Holland w/ LV18-Harwich

Postby Paul Osborn » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:38 pm

MikeB wrote:
Coastie wrote:Typical local councils! If your face don't fit, etc!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Over on a new thread "Radio Veronica", Andy Sennitt informs us that the special Veronica broadcasts this coming Saturday will come from the Museum of RockArt in the Hook of Holland.

Not related to those broadcasts, but definitely to this local political issue, here is:

An idea:
Given the centuries-old close links between Hook of Holland and Harwich, maybe there is useful leverage to be gained in linking up the LV18 project with the Museum of RockArt in the Hook.
My idea is primarily to help those in Harwich who want to reverse the recent vote in the local council to stop the LV18 project. Like: if there is an international link, and prestige is at stake in an international context, then the vote is far more likely to be reversed. This tactic of BLAMING is very effective in most lines of politricks, don't see why radio nostalgia is any different...

Or has this been done already?

- Paul
Paul Osborn

Postby paulvos » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:03 pm

That's a creative idea Paul. That might just do the trick. I think it is safe to say that the off shore history is one that belongs to England and Holland equally. Why not cooperate indeed :D
Regards Paul Vos
----------------------------------------
DJ
"Shore Leave" Saturday evening 19:00 UK time
"Music To Munch By" Monday afternoon 16:00 UK time
"The Dutchy Live Show" Tuesday evening 19:00 UK time

Chinese proverb: "Standing on head makes smile of frown, but rest of face also upside down"
paulvos
Site Admin

Invitations sent: 1
Referrals: 1

Let the council leaders meet!

Postby Paul Osborn » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:47 pm

paulvos wrote:That's a creative idea Paul. That might just do the trick. I think it is safe to say that the off shore history is one that belongs to England and Holland equally. Why not cooperate indeed :D

Yes, well, thank you. I'd rather be called 'creative' than a chameleon! Mind you, one has to be creative to be seen as a chameleon!

Now then. In my experience, these sorts of things can be sorted out by a simple letter from one Mayor or Council Leader (in this case, of Hoek van Holland) to the other (in Harwich, whatever that council is called), in which s/he says how delighted everyone in H of Holland was to hear the news that Harwich plans to allocate this site to the LV18, just as the Museum in HoH,,,, and how much people from HoH look forward to coming over in great, heavy-spending numbers to visit etc etc, and what a superb piece of shared history this is. And how sorry s/he was to hear a rumour that the plan might have been temporarily stalled and enquiring if there is anything the people of HoH can do to help this visionary, leadership project to quickly reach its proper implementation.

So, who wants to get this going?

And, surely, somewhere the EU must have got a programme for trans-sea cultural exchange. Like they have Eurocities, Is there something like a Euroports?...
Paul Osborn

Re: Let the council leaders meet!

Postby Chirpy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:35 pm

Paul Osborn wrote:Now then. In my experience, these sorts of things can be sorted out by a simple letter from one Mayor or Council Leader (in this case, of Hoek van Holland) to the other (in Harwich, whatever that council is called).

It comes under Tendring District Council, Paul. If I hadn't got so many other things on my plate I'd take it on myself. I'm going to have to leave it to someone else though.
Chirpy

Re: Let the council leaders meet!

Postby Paul Osborn » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:32 pm

Chirpy wrote:
Paul Osborn wrote:Now then. In my experience, these sorts of things can be sorted out by a simple letter from one Mayor or Council Leader (in this case, of Hoek van Holland) to the other (in Harwich, whatever that council is called).

It comes under Tendring District Council, Paul. If I hadn't got so many other things on my plate I'd take it on myself. I'm going to have to leave it to someone else though.

Well, these things have to have happen at what we call in Dutch "the basis" (grassroots), if they are to maintain their political validity. We Brahmins, like you and I Chirps, can only say bits and pieces.

The Museum RockArt in the Hook of Holland is full described (in Dutch) at www.rockart.nl (and visually very rich too). It seems to be very well organised and have many good connections. Presumably they have good to excellent relationships with the local power structure (council) -- all museums and cultural centres do! (In the Netherlands). The Museum is an activity of the Stichting (Foundation for) Rock & Art Hall Of Fame Holland. The details of board members etc will be available at the Stichtingsregister which is maintained by the local Chamber of Commerce of the area in which the Hook resides. I am willing to look this up if no-one else can, and to pay any search fee if necessary.

If the LV18 'activists'/ protagonists/ promoters in the Tendring district council area got in touch with the management team at info@rockart.nl (info[at]rockart.nl), then they could set the ball rolling, and work out what is the best way for the HoH to encourage Tendring to finish this project in the way it was intended. If it happens, then it was supposed to . . . .
Paul Osborn

Postby MikeB » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:50 pm

Mooring constructed, plans to moor the LV18 there have now been approved:
http://www.harwichandmanningtreestandar ... _go_ahead/
MikeB

Postby alec » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:31 pm

MikeB wrote:Mooring constructed, plans to moor the LV18 there have now been approved:

Is this good news for a ship-bound Tx - like R. Waddenzee/Seagull ?
Image - Lets enjoy our music on good old radio http://offshoreradiosounds.tk/
alec

Invitations sent: 2
Referrals: 2

Postby Coastie » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:20 pm

MikeB wrote:Mooring constructed, plans to moor the LV18 there have now been approved:

At last, some good news!
I'm a Juvenile product of the Working Class who's best friend floats in the bottom of a glass!

Skype - Chriscoastie1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyCN5i1hU20
Coastie

Postby MikeB » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:48 am

Steve Scruton's Summer Saturday next week, July 16th, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m on BBC Essex, will be live from the LV18 in Harwich.

It's the official opening of the LV18 as a tourist attraction, tours below deck available.

Opening ceremony will be around 2 p.m.

There's a short interview with Colin Crawford of the Pharos Trust 2h 35 mins into yesterdays Steve Scruton show:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/p00hnpl0
MikeB

Previous

Return to Offshore Stuff