RNI - Radio North Sea International!

Post all related Offshore Radio Discusions here
but remember there is a forum for the almighty MV Galaxy below and the Big L RSL's.

Postby MaryAnn » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:55 pm

alec wrote:
RadioNorthsea wrote:...Yes I am glad I am alive at the moment as I have a Bah Humbug Christmas Hat that my wife bought me!!! So I can wear it and get lots of stupid comments!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Would be a nice new avatar to amuse us while we are waiting for the delay - would brighten up the crackeling on 1395 :roll:

Yes put it on your avatar, your wife can take the picture while you dock your ship avatar. :lol: :lol:
MaryAnn
Big L Pirate King of Pirate Kings

Invitations sent: 0
Referrals: 0

Postby RadioNorthsea » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:00 am

MaryAnn wrote:
alec wrote:
RadioNorthsea wrote:...Yes I am glad I am alive at the moment as I have a Bah Humbug Christmas Hat that my wife bought me!!! So I can wear it and get lots of stupid comments!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Would be a nice new avatar to amuse us while we are waiting for the delay - would brighten up the crackeling on 1395 :roll:

Yes put it on your avatar, your wife can take the picture while you dock your ship avatar. :lol: :lol:

The ship as you put it is non other than the MV Mebo II the former home of Radio NorthSea International (RNI my favourite offshore station hence the user name) the potentially the most powerful radioship that was ever on air in the North Sea pond between the UK & Central Europe during January 1970 & 31 August 1974 which sadly ended its life being blown up by Col Gadaffi in Tripolin as part of a training exercise some years later. I couldn't possibly take it down again as Alec always complains when I do.
RadioNorthsea

Postby alec » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:03 am

RadioNorthsea wrote:
MaryAnn wrote:
alec wrote:

The ship as you put it is non other than the MV Mebo II the former home of Radio NorthSea International (RNI my favourite offshore station hence the user name) the potentially the most powerful radioship that was ever on air in the North Sea pond between the UK & Central Europe during January 1970 & 31 August 1974 which sadly ended its life being blown up by Col Gadaffi in Tripolin as part of a training exercise some years later. I couldn't possibly take it down again as Alec always complains when I do.

yes thats true :shock:
BTW when RNI closed down the first time we had to wait for more than 1 year until it came back...
Last edited by alec on Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image - Lets enjoy our music on good old radio http://offshoreradiosounds.tk/
alec

Invitations sent: 2
Referrals: 2

Postby Coastie » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:03 am

RadioNorthsea wrote:
MaryAnn wrote:
alec wrote:

And quite right to! God Bless you, Mebo 2!
I'm a Juvenile product of the Working Class who's best friend floats in the bottom of a glass!

Skype - Chriscoastie1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyCN5i1hU20
Coastie

Postby Rosie » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:04 am

aww!
was trying to put a link here - it didnt work.
bever mind l will try again. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuaN2Yu4y1A
Last edited by Rosie on Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rosie

Postby MaryAnn » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:04 am

Now why would they blow up such a beautiful historic ship? Thanks for the history on your avatar. :wink:
MaryAnn

Postby RadioNorthsea » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:09 am

alec wrote:
RadioNorthsea wrote:
MaryAnn wrote:
alec wrote:

yes thats true :shock:
BTW when RNI closed down the first time we had to wait for more than 1 year until it came back...

No only a few months from September 1970 to January 1971 when it started testing having ousted out the Veronica personel who were "looking after the ship" so to speak. It came back on full time English in February with the new daytime Dutch service commencing 2 weeks later.
RadioNorthsea

Postby alec » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:11 am

MaryAnn wrote:Now why would they blow up such a beautiful historic ship? Thanks for the history on your avatar. :wink:

Yes it was the most beautiful radio ship ever - and here you have some origiinal RNI - recordings - click and listen to it
Don't get impatient - it takes quite a while until it opens the player after you have clicked on the thread !!
http://www.azanorak.com/pub/Stations/RNI/1970/

well now we are really off topic - but BigL is still on delay - isn't it ..
Last edited by alec on Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image - Lets enjoy our music on good old radio http://offshoreradiosounds.tk/
alec

Invitations sent: 2
Referrals: 2

Postby RadioNorthsea » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:11 am

MaryAnn wrote:Now why would they blow up such a beautiful historic ship? Thanks for the history on your avatar. :wink:

Basically cos the Libyan government had no further use for it. Pity they didn't give it to Ronan as the dear old MiAmigo was getting very long in the tooth by then.

My sleep is also on delay I'm off to bed and we'd best get back on thread or Roger will get annoyed.
RadioNorthsea

Postby Rosie » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:21 am

Rosie

Postby MaryAnn » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:25 am

Rosie wrote:Here's that link MaryAnn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuaN2Yu4y1A
\

Thanks Shelley! :wink:
MaryAnn

Postby MaryAnn » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:27 am

alec wrote:

Yes it was the most beautiful radio ship ever - and here you have some origiinal RNI - recordings - click and listen to it
Don't get impatient - it takes quite a while until it opens the player after you have clicked on the thread !!
http://www.azanorak.com/pub/Stations/RNI/1970/

well now we are really off topic - but BigL is still on delay - isn't it ..

How cool is that Alec. I am listening now while I post. Such classic history. Thanks for the link Alec. :wink:
MaryAnn

Postby Coastie » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:30 am

She was a beautiful looking ship and one where I think Roger was "trained" on by the legend that is Tony Allan. I cried when she closed down. I was 14 and it was the day before I went back to school after my summer holidays.
I'm a Juvenile product of the Working Class who's best friend floats in the bottom of a glass!

Skype - Chriscoastie1.

Coastie

Postby MaryAnn » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:34 am

Coastie wrote:She was a beautiful looking ship and one where I think Roger was "trained" on by the legend that is Tony Allan. I cried when she closed down. I was 14 and it was the day before I went back to school after my summer holidays.

Wow, has anyone wrote a book about the History here? I bet Roger has some great stories to tell us all. :wink:
MaryAnn

Postby Coastie » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:36 am

And so has Iain Anderson of SIBC! http://www.sibc.co.uk/

Skype - Chriscoastie1.

Coastie

Next

Return to Offshore Stuff